Saturday 29 November 2014

One of the best things I have ever been a part of...



Earlier this year I was given the incredible opportunity to be a judge in the competition arranged by SOFII to find three amazing young fundraisers to present the idea they wish they'd thought of at this years 'I Wish I'd Thought of That' event.

I gave Lucy Sandford my vote, she was first up on audition day and delivered a brilliant idea really well. She's on Twitter if you want to follow her.

Between audition and the actual event we met a few times and ran through her slides and script. If I'm honest I didn't have to do much as Lucy is incredibly talented and had a very clear sense of how she wanted to present her idea.

Take a look, in just shy of seven minutes, she tells the story of the British Red Cross's Penny a Week fund from the Second World War. And tells it brilliantly. Made this old git feel very proud indeed.

And while I'm at it. It felt like all the 'young' fundraisers kicked ass.

Ben Nolan was superb.



As was Jessica Borham...



James Nida was incredible...



Aditi showed no nerves...



And Fiona made me cry.



It really is an incredible event and I hope I can be involved again in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment