So here is the ad again. And right down the bottom is the closing date. I've had some brilliant applications, but if you're reading this and wondering whether or not to apply. Do it. Go on, apply. What's the worst that could happen? I can promise you that you will get to work on projects that generate thank you videos from film stars. Well you might. Anyway, that ad...
Want to come and work on some ground breaking mobile projects for an incredible set of clients?
The mobile team at Open Fundraising is very new but we’ve already worked on some really exciting projects and there is a huge appetite from charities for us to do much more.
In the last month we’ve created mobile-based welcome programmes for donors, been heavily involved in charity SMS activity in response to the crisis in East Africa and talked to lots of charities on how they can fuse SMS and mobile internet with more traditional channels to find new supporters. It’s been a bit busy.
The clients we’re working with include UNICEF, WWF, Christian Aid, NSPCC and CRUK. And we’re talking to a whole lot more.
We need someone who is happy to get stuck into anything that needs doing, but principally the role is to prove account management support and project manage the production of mobile web sites and SMS campaigns.
You’ll need to tick most of the boxes in the following areas:
- Understand the fundamentals of fundraising.
- Be passionate about new technology, the web and mobile.
- Be able to manage multiple projects whilst remaining calm.
- Have experience of project managing marketing/fundraising projects in a creative environment as well as with external partners.
- Have excellent client servicing skills.
- Have experience working on digital projects (experience with mobile would be brilliant but isn’t essential).
- Thrive when working in a fast paced environment.
- Happy to turn their hand to anything in order to make sure that the project gets done.
- Have an opinion and be comfortable expressing it on how mobile can be used to help the charities we work with, recruit, keep, engage and inspire their supporters.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of something exciting from the very beginning and help shape the direction of a team that is at the leading edge of using mobile to inspire people to take action to change the world.
If this sounds like you, send an email introducing yourself, explaining why you are perfect for the job, with your CV and current salary details. If you'd rather speak to me before applying you can find me on Twitter and Linkedin so feel free to make contact that way.
CLOSING DATE: Please send me your application by 10am on Monday 22 August.