Wednesday 8 June 2011

Name your hero...

I was asked recently who my hero is.  To name the person that inspires me and has had a big impact on my life.

There were rules, I couldn’t name a family member and there needed to be a decent picture available on the internet.

I found it very difficult and was going to choose Marco Tardelli but eventually decided to do it properly and chose Keir Hardie. One of the founding members of the Labour Party.


Biggest impact? 

Well, it was my political beliefs that brought me to fundraising.  

I didn’t have a clue what Pell & Bales did when I turned up for an admin job in 1996, just knew within 5 minutes of entering the building that we had the Labour Party in common. So was pretty much instantly sold.  Getting that job introduced me to fundraising and quickly made me realise I didn't want to do anything else. A massive impact on my life and who I am. 

But I must say Marco Tardelli comes a close second!

No comments:

Post a Comment