Monday 27 February 2012

Best mobile ad ever?



I am very lucky to be at Greenpeace's Digital Mobilisation skillshare in Arnhem, Holland.

I'm representing Open Fundraising and facilitating the session 'the power and potential of mobile as a fundraising tool'.

As I prepare (worry) about my session tomorrow, my eye is constantly drawn back to this amazing ad from Save the Children. I've blogged about it before, it gets talked up at most conferences I go to, and yes I will talk it up in my session. The reason for all this attention is simple. For my money it's one of the best mobile campaigns I've ever seen.

It puts mobile or SMS right at the heart of the proposition. There is no other way to respond. I like to think this was a deliberate decision by Save the Children, who knows, maybe it was the only response mechanism that could be included at short notice. But it makes the ad the classic that it is.

So forget the hype about mobile, it's more than a buzz word.

Why?

Well, you carry your mobile everywhere, you never turn it off, it's never more than a metre away from you and you are likely have it in your hand at the point you feel moved or motivated to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment