Monday 19 March 2012

A lesson in thanking...

Because I gave to Charity: water last year, I got sent a brilliant thank you email last week.

It included this amazing thank you video.



I know I go on about this a lot. But you really should be using video to thank your donors. And this should be your inspiration.

I love it for a lot of reasons. Here are a few:

  1. It makes me feel part of something special.
  2. It feels like he's really talking to me.
  3. The energy the video conveys is exciting and feels genuine.
  4. It makes me feel like my money is being spent on something brilliant.
  5. I can see what I bought. (Well helped buy).

And every time a charity does something this brilliant, supporter expectations change.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is an amazing idea. Personally, I would much rather see how my donation/regular gift was being used instead of a letter that to be honest I barely cast an eye over before recycling. If I was feeling flush, would also consider making a further donation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Steph! Video is brilliant for people like us who maybe (gasp) don't read their mail!

    ReplyDelete