Tuesday 8 December 2015

I've never been prouder...



I don't think I've ever been prouder to support MSF and Greenpeace. An excerpt from the article where I found the film pasted above...


MSF and Greenpeace have previously co-operated on aid missions, such as in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and in Aceh, Indonesia following the 2004 tsunami.
Carrying out rescues at sea is a new challenge for MSF and Greenpeace, but waiting for survivors on shore, while more people than ever risk their lives at sea, is unacceptable. This is where Greenpeace can utilise its maritime experience.
It is with these thoughts that I looked into the eyes of a young Syrian girl pressed up to me in our vehicle one cold and rainy day this week.
As we drove her family to a reception centre operated by the UN refugee agency UNHCR that one brief glimpse of her eyes made sense of everything. It is for her that we are here and for the many others still with hope of a safe passage.

As a donor and a human being I want more of these types of collaborations. Two organisations that I really admire have just made me love them even more.

Full story here on the Greenpeace blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment