Sunday 21 October 2012

Only we can change this


MIDWAY : trailer : a film by Chris Jordan from Midway on Vimeo.

I've just watched this. A mate on Facebook tagged me in a post to make me aware of it.

If any one needs a reminder of the impact we have on our planet. Here it is. I don't know much about the people making the film, but I'm going to find out.

The film shows the impact on the birds of Midway Island of the tons of plastics we use in our everyday lives. This stuff ends up in the sea, ends up in the stomachs of birds and then kills them. The footage is horrible. It should make you angry. It's made me very angry.

Their blog is here. On the blog there are lots more films. I also watched this one.

MIDWAY - Plastic Beach from Midway on Vimeo.

The scale of the problem is huge. We created it, so only we can fix it.



No comments:

Post a Comment